My Dear Readers,
Before you reach the heart of this post, I want to make one thing very clear.
I have not yet watched 'Anjaana Anjaani' and this post was under construction over the last few months and it's finally ready. So, it was not the disastrous Rom-Com's aftermath.
(P.S:Watch the movie for its Songs as well as Ranbir's debonair looks! He is a true charmer.)
Coming back to this post, I am a born dreamer and when I say a 'Dreamer' , I do not mean a dreamer who dreams easily achievable things. My dreams are always Larger Than Life. In the simplest words, I DREAM ONLY BIG ! And, keeping that in mind, when I sat down to pen down my Bucket List, I figured out more than I ever thought I would. But, never mind, when it's MY BUCKET LIST, you must expect such crazy list items. :P Afterall, I truly believe in 'LIVING LIFE KING SIZE..!' What a male chauvinistic phrase that is..! So, I would rather put it this way - "I ENJOY LIVING LIFE, QUEEN SIZE!" Sounds much more sane! :P
Now, moving on to my wish list, there's one more thing to be noted. That is, when you read the list, do not just read it but keep in mind because you can save your money from now on and gift me one or the other listed item for my coming birthdays.
So, here goes MY TREASURED BUCKET-LIST: (Saving the best for the last..so, read till the end!)
- Own an enormous collection of ORIGINAL FOUNTAIN PENS: Oh My God! THEY ARE SO ELEGANT and, it makes me feel like an intellectual when i use a fountain pen for signing or writing.
- Own a collection of signature Perfumes: Preferably the antique ones with the likes of Coco Chanel, Yardley & Caron..and the list is endless.
- Own a JET BLACK 'Volkswagen Beetle' car: The Older, the better! Infact, even if the steering wheel doesn't work or the tyres cannot be replaced, never mind, I simply wish to have one parked outside my house.
- Own an 'AGED' Grand Piano: 2nd, 3rd, 4th or even a 5th hand one will do. But, it should belong to the imperial British Raj days!
- Have a ceiling height wallpaper of John Lennon on one of the four walls in my room: Oh my god! am already imagining one!
- Wish for a truly vintage WINE collection, straight from the French Vineyards, which will grow better with time and be the best by the time I close my eyes as I am neither going to consume them nor let anybody else taste them.
- Wish to visit the Unique Book Fair of our country...atleast once. The Yearly Kolkata Boi Mela (The Calcutta Book Fair)
- Wish to hold my Portrait Photography Exhibition : This is simply because I am just too horrible when it comes to Portrait Photography and yes! I have acquired a bad reputation for clicking photographs wherein apparently, I make all my friends appear fat and ugly. Hence, I have taken up this challenge to prove them wrong and, the name of the exhibition is going to be 'THE FACES'.
- Wish to attend the National Film Awards ceremony: Oh My ! I will get to see the intellectual cream of the film industry. (Am already dreaming about a start studded evening..mostly hailing from the Cultural Capital of INDIA- Bengal. Sorry! I tend to get pompous and end up being a chauvinist! Can't forget my Creative Writing Prof's comment on my Poem addressing me as Miss Bong ! :P)
- Enjoy a 3 month long vacation in Goa...all alone to myself, reminiscing the best days of life... (preferably during my last days...)
- Learn to play the guitar chords properly.
- Learn to play the guitar chords properly.
Now, the most important ones:
- Visit KOLKATA during DURGA PUJA.
- Celebrate one of my birthdays during my 30s or 40s... with the very very few people who know me or understand me the best.
- Trip to France: That's like my One Big Dream ! If anybody asks me which country should be made the world capital for Culture, Art and Literature; without any second thoughts I will vote for France.
I have already planned the Itinerary for the trip:
* The Musée du Louvre (Grand Louvre Museum!)
* Spend a night watching the glorious Eiffel !
* The picturesque French Riviera.
* Evening strolls at the shady boulevards of Paris.
* Cannes (hopefully get a glimpse of the Cannes Film Festival)
* Notre Dame Cathedral. Want to feel the gothic ambience there.
* The Stellar architectures of Chateau de Versailles. The grand vestige of the French Monarchy.
* And, hope to wrap up the trip with an extremely long drive through the breathtaking landscapes of the Alps.
And, with this, ends my Bucket List. Instead of calling it the Bucket List, I guess I can even call it the "Extravagant ways of Material Drain". :P Anyway, It's just a Wish list and Wishes need not always be true though, it feels great when they are a part of our reality. So, here I conclude this list of mine, with fingers crossed and maybe when I take my last breath, my fingers stay crossed even then.
ALWAYS DREAM BIG, RATHER THE BIGGEST DREAMS...in that way, even if the Biggest ones are not fulfilled, the BIG ones surely will be true.